- Trans Birth is a directory created to connect trans and gender non-conforming people and their families to midwives, OBGYNs, and doulas who provide welcoming care to our communities.
- Queer Birth Project supports LGBTQIA families and the professionals that serve them, during family building and early parenting.
- Radical Doula is a blog and online resources that focuses on the connections between social justice and birth activism.
- Competent Care for Transgender, GenderQueer, and Non-Binary Folk is an online resource for Herbalists and Other Practitioners Curated by Clinical Herbalists.
- Gender Inclusive Terms for Healthcare Workers is a google doc with gender inclusive terms for pregnancy, birth, and sexual health.
- Protest // Demonstration Care is a pdf produced by medics from the BALM Squad (Boston Area Liberation Medic Squad).
- Queering Herbalism // Herbal Freedom School is a compilation of links, books, and articles about herbalism, traditional indigenous healing, and other holistic healing modalities. They focus on the voices of queer people, people of color, women, and ancestors.
Social & Environmental Justice
- Showing Up For Racial Justice (SURJ) is a multi-racial movement is to undermine white support for white supremacy and to help build a racially just society.
- Black Lives Matter In response to the sustained and increasingly visible violence against Black communities in the U.S. and globally, a collective of more than 50 organizations representing thousands of Black people from across the country. They are a collective that centers and is rooted in Black communities, and also recognize the shared struggle with all oppressed people; collective liberation will be a product of all of our work.
- White Awake helps white people develop the courage, community, understanding, and inner resolve required to divest from white supremacy, and enter into the work of collective liberation as whole people, committed for the long haul. If you'd like to read more about White Awake's vision, impact, and goals you can check out our organizational case statement here.
- Diversity Toolkit: A Guide to Discussing Identity, Power and Privilege is meant for anyone who feels there is a lack of productive discourse around issues of diversity and the role of identity in social relationships, both on a micro (individual) and macro (communal) level.
- Exploring Anti-Oppressive Practice Basics is a pdf that covers basic concepts in AOP (Anti-Oppressive Practices).
- Mariposas Sin Fronteras is a Tucson, AZ based group that seeks to end the systemic violence and abuse of LGBTQ people held in prison and immigration detention. They envision a society that no longer finds solutions in the system of immigration detention or the prison industrial complex.
- Women’s Earth Alliance works at the intersections of women’s rights and the environment. WEA strengthens women’s leadership, secures women’s rights, and addresses some of the biggest environmental challenges facing our world today.
- Indigenous Environmental Network is an alliance of grassroots indigenous peoples who’s mission is to protect the sacredness of Mother Earth from contamination and exploitation by strengthening, maintaining and respecting traditional teachings and natural laws. They work to build the capacity of Indigenous communities and tribal governments; they organize campaigns, direct actions, and local, regional and national meetings on environmental and economic justice issues; and they build alliances among Indigenous communities, tribes, inter-tribal and Indigenous organizations, and other non-indigenous groups.
- Solidarity with Queer People In Permaculture this is a list of resources, options, and thoughts on how inclusion of the LGBTQ+ community can improve in permaculture, as well as a list of permaculture resources specifically targeted towards the LGBTQ+ community.
Calls to Action
- Puerto Rico The humanitarian crisis in Puerto Rico continues to unfold. While neighbors and grassroots community organizations are doing the best they can to help fulfill needs, Puerto Rico has been deserted by the United States government, the ongoing crisis largely overlooked by mainstream media. Community organizer, political commentator, and independent journalist Rosa Clemente has formed a grassroots, independent media delegation called #PRontheMap. Their crowdfunding campaign is currently trending and needs your support. Give now to tell the stories of Puerto Ricans from the ground up: gofundme.com/reportreimaginerevive-puerto-rico
- Standing Rock #NODAPL put a call out to allies to help support Indigenous tribes defend their water and lives against the Dakota Access Pipeline. This is part of a 524 year war on Indigenous people that has been ongoing. Although this is part of the struggle to save humanity from climate disaster, Indigenous liberation, sovereignty and survival are at the center.
- Orlando Grief Care Project was started to provide holistic health services to crisis counselors, first responders, families of victims, and other members of community in need of support in the journey of trauma and healing; in response to the tragic loss experienced within the Orlando community from the Pulse nightclub shooting.
- Herbalists Without Borders embraces a collective vision of a global community where all people have access to affordable natural & botanical health and wellness. HWB embraces non-violence, social justice, health and wellness as means to transform cultural and global trauma and violence.
- The Herbal Action Network connects herbalists around the country in support of social and environmental justice. The Network was launched to formalize a network of herbalists and ensure that calls for support were more efficient and effective. They also share educational resources and organizing tools among the herbal community.
- Herbal Medics Assisting with Natural Disasters working to coordinate and promote aid to on the ground clinic teams assisting with natural disaster relief efforts.
- Fedco is a cooperative and organic seed and garden supply company.
- Strictly Medicinal (formerly Horizon Herbs) is a family-owned seed, plant and medicine distributor located in Oregon. Their collection is diverse, affordable, and fairly-sourced from all over the world.
- Johnny’s Selected Seeds is an employee-owned and organic seed and garden supply company.
- High Mowing is a socially responsible and organic seed company.
- Permaculture Nursery at Food Forest Farm in Holyoke, MA specializes in useful, edible, hard to find plants and seeds.
- Green Heron Tools is a women owned company dedicated to providing high-quality agricultural and gardening tools and equipment designed to work with women’s bodies, thereby maximizing comfort, efficiency, productivity and safety.